-->

7/07/2011


How May I Serve?
Am I a sanctuary for the people who love me? Do I bring light, warmth, safety, love, laughter, and honesty to the world before me? I want to illuminate life. The beauty of our true nature is light or enlightenment to share with one another. I long for all my relationships to be a connection of the heart. This precious time is worth only that.
Have you ever noticed that you are drawn to some people? Drawn to their energy? I think it's because we feel safe with or are connected to that person's "sanctuary" energy. Some people just make us feel calm, grounded, and at ease. That's why working on "me" is so important. I want to be a sanctuary for the people who love me and, most importantly, for me. When I think of a "sanctuary" person, I think of St. Frances and his beautiful prayer.... That calms me. Finding that calm as a woman is especially challenging to say the least, but we are the nurturers, so it's our gift to nurture the world and one another as women.
Women are like the ocean with the perpetual motion of the waves that gently calm and the energy to inhale the Earth and powerfully crash it down washing away all that hurts. Finding that balance is our mystery and reward. We are so powerful. I want love to be my power; I want my waves to gently move back and forth washing away the past and polishing the future.
"I am here for a purpose and that purpose is to grow into a mountain, not shrink to a grain of sand. Henceforth I will apply ALL of my efforts to become the highest mountain of all and I will strain my potential until it cries for mercy."
-- Og Madino
May the light of love carry you,
Love to all of you, Pearl

Pin It

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pearl, I love reading your stuff and looking at your work. We are kindred spirits. I live on a farm in Louisiana and it looks much like yours. Thanks for sharing your soul.You are beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Hello Robin,

Thank you for the message on this, my 49th birthday. Something to think about and to work on for my coming year. Thank again.

Grtz and love


Ruby.

Debra Facer said...

Robin.. I love your new blog, and I cannot believe how big Happy has gotten.. You fill my heart with sunshine and warmth.. Big Hugs..Deb

p.s. I am the one with the Chicken named Magnolia Pearl..Maggie p for short.. She is full of happiness also..lol

Cathy said...

Ohh how I always enjoy reading your blog and taking in your words of wisdom! You have such a kind heart and spirit! Blessings.......
Cathy aka Girls Gone Junkin

Meg said...

Thank you for this. I am often very inspired by your words and the quotes you choose to share. Thank you for the challenge and encouragement to be a woman of strength and calm. --Meg

Anonymous said...

Pearl,
You are loved by many for who you are and what you share with us, you beautiful soul...Thank you. May you have all the love you send X/many more...
Basia, Florida

SooZeQue said...

What a better world for sure it would be if we could share your LOVE and your open spirit. Such beauty from within and out. Lovely post.

That shabby Pink Girl said...

Everytime I read your blog and what you have to say, I feel so much better and I strive to be a little more patient, amd less stressful, so now I have to look at your blog many times a week to get inspired. I just feel better! I love your puppy, I can tell that this little sweetie loves you as much as you love this pet. I have a little girl named Bella, white and fluffy and melts my heart just to be around her. Dogs are healers of the soul I think.

Lynda A said...

Reading your blog was a nice start to my day. How 'Happy' has grown. Packing up my car for the long drive home from the UK to Spain. I need to keep my energy high and your words helped.
Love Lynda

One Shabby Old House said...

Oh my girl....you are a sanctuary and you most certainly do bring light. In fact you glow and I am like a moth to the candle when it comes to you. I enjoy your work and your words. The collection of your work makes those who slip it on feel beautiful and your words are soothing and inspiring and a collection of calm. That big ol happy smile of yours makes me do the same and I don't even know you save the words of your blog and the work of your hands. Last night I made ruffles. Guess who inspired? I don't know what I will do with them lol but I have them no less. Hugs Becky

Gypsy said...

Robin,
I love watching your Baby grow so big in such a short time my how time flies. It really makes you think. Thanks for sharing.
Monty

Rusted Wings said...

robin~ love your new blog & that beautiful soundtrack...have always loved that song 'sanctuary' and pray that prayer as well that i might be a vessel of His LoVe and light. you are to me~
blessings,
abigail

Anonymous said...

Oh, sweet Robin,
What a gorgeous post -- You should write an inspirational book. It would be fabulous -- Add some photos of style / fashion / food!!
Anyway, I love you and your energy.
XXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOOXXOXOXO,
C.J.

Anonymous said...

Hay dear Robin,

Your little doggie is so sweet!!
He's growing so fast...
And this picture of you is realy amazing..lovely sweet woman.

But did you have recieve my little present for you and Jo?
Because I make this present with a lot of love for you.
Please let me now something about this present..

I hope to hear from you...and wishing you love and peace..
MarijkeXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
www.marijkevanooijen.blogspot.com

Kim Gann said...

You are truely an inspiration Miss Pearl. Thank you for sharing from your soul, your love's and inspiration's. Your posts take me back to my childhood. One day I will re-create my childhood, where I'll play in the woods, chase butteflies,smell the honeysuckle, listen to the frogs and crickets as nightfalls,and totally follow my dreams!

Hugs,

Kim

Anonymous said...

I LOVE it!!!! You are so awesome and inspiring! Sweet doggie tooo!
Love, light and kisses,
Jaimey Scott

sandra lee said...

Your words are so powerful and true! Thanks for the inspiration you always share.

Kathleen From Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Hi, just love, love this post! I think we all should work on ourselves, as you say, to be the best that we can for one another! Blessings to you! Kathleen

Anonymous said...

I LOVE, love , love you!

Lulu said...

"To shed joy around, to radiate happiness,
to cast light upon dark days,
to be the golden thread of our destiny,
and the very spirit of grace and harmony,
is not this to render a service?''
-Victor Hugo