-->

2/28/2011

My, oh my,
Magnolia Pearl is bursting at the seams with love from all of you - Thank you! As I sit here listening to Elton John's lyrics, "Until you've seen this trash can dream come true.", I realize these are the lyrics of my life. As true artists, my parents, Anna and Preston, found "opportunities" to create art from just about anything - literally. My father would say, "The only thing you need to create art is imagination." I know now that this is so true. Being lean on money but not imagination, my parents combed through trash cans on a regular basis during my childhood years looking for useful scraps to create magic and beauty that could be transformed and then sold so that we could eat -What a great exchange I thought then and I still do. All this digging in the trash for "magic" was out of necessity and lots of passion for life, and it never occurred to me at that young age, that this was preparing me for a great life yet to come... Many, many, years later, Viola! Magnolia Pearl was born, and I can honestly say, that thanks to all of you, "my trash can dream has come true."
What a beautiful chance this has been for me to express myself and who I am even if only for me, but hopefully for others too. I've started compiling the crazy, amazing and painful stories of my life for my next book of inspiration in hopes that my story will inspire other women to "shoot for the moon even if you only land amongst the stars".
Love to all of you from my whole heart.
- Pearl.
"Dreams are illustrations... from the book your soul is writing about you."
-- Marsha Norman
"Dreams are like the paints of a great artist. Your dreams are you paints, the world is your canvas. Believing, is the brush that converts your dreams into a masterpiece of reality."
-- Anonymous
Thank you to my sweet John for "always" giving me the wings to fly my dreams....

16 comments:

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Sign me up, I wouldn't miss owning a copy. Love your style and all you do!!

Ruthie said...

Beautiful post. I believe that one's experiences weave the cloth of one's life. All the good and bad, joys and sorrows create a lovely master piece. All of life is art!

Anonymous said...

That is brilliant! I can't wait for your next book -- sign me up too! I'm sure the stories are fascinating as are you my dear!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can't wait to see you at the show.
XOXOXOXOXOXOX
C.J.
It has been snowing and snowing -- The Texas warmth will be a gift from God!

LuAnn said...

I heard someone say today that we as God's children should be like a city on the hill....a light for all to see....truly Robin you are a remarkable example of that city on the hill. Thanks for sharing your light & your inspiration.
Lulu

Anonymous said...

Hi Pearl,
Kathy said you might be doing another book??
I hope so, I hope so!!! We have all been waiting for another book. Will it include decorating??
Kathy and I will be the first in line at your spring show this time since we missed last show and we are so ready for sunny skies!
I bought white bloomers on EBay and hoping you'll have more at the show -- my fav. pair with pockets on the front of legs???
See you soon.
Love, Linda "Linda's Antiques"

Debbie said...

Woo hooo!! Another book!!! I can't wait. "A Bit of Velvet and a Dash of Lace" is my favourite decorating book...not just because of it's incredible beauty but also because of the parts of yourself you share with us.

Thovas said...

Our parents are looking down up on us with pride little sister. Its amazing how far we have traveled since the days of Government cheese and our fiberglass trampoline!! I love you!!
Thovas

cheryl said...

hi, i'm so excited about another book. i saw you in where women cook. in your next book could you have a chapter with some of your favorite recipes? i don't eat meat and want to go vegan and get away from the ranch dressings. maybe some dressings to go with that good looking salad you made? maybe some other healthy food ideas you use. well thanks alot for your time and much happiness in all you do in life. cheryl from florida

julie said...

what a beautiful post - your parents sound like amazing people...i have just ordered your last book - "a bit of velvet & a dash of lace" & am eagerly awaiting the postman to deliver it to my little house in australia....xx

Anonymous said...

Another book? Something for me to look forward to for sure! I love your velvet and lace book. I have read it and read it - It's worn out -I need a new one!!!!
My friend Connie and I are going to try to come to your show ---Driving from Arizona. "I think I can, I think I can!!!"
Peace and light to you Pearl,
Julianna Reese -"victorianabelle."

www.MaisonStGermain.com said...

Awesome news!!!! No matter how many times I put books away from the side of my bed, yours always remains. I can not tell you how many times I look through it. I love your life's story, your dreams and successes. You are truely an inspiration. I will be looking for your next book. I hope it includes some of your creations in it too:)
~Debra xxx
Capers of the vintage vixens

Penelope said...

Love this!!!

cheryl said...

Hello Robin. I will be on the lookout for your book. You have done your parents proud! They sound like wonderful people who had a really great daughter.

Anonymous said...

You make me happeeeey!!
Judith

Iriss said...

Hi MU...mizzzzzzU LuuuppphhhhU , YaaaaaAllaaaahhh tdk buta tdk tuli
Slalu mndengar Jerit Tangis mee2U...
Mee sperti Mimpi bisa lihat mu di sini , setiap malam mee tdk bisa tidur hnya bisa menangis menangis & menangis...mee setiap hari slalu berdoa kpd Tuhan agar mee bisa bertemu mu , akhirnya selalu ada jalan . Mu Demi Nama Tuhan itu bkn Penghinaan utk Mu . Yaaa Allah itu kemarahan chika karena melihat orang tua mu menghina mee sdh bagaikan Sampah , apa mu tdk prnah baca ??? Knp nama mu jg bisa di bawa2 ??? Kalo itu ortu yg baik apa tdk pikir masa depan mu ??? Mu tdk prnh baca tulisan mee ya buat mu ??? Apa mu sdh membenci mee ??? Knp mrk tdk bicara jjur ttg penghinaan mrk buat mee ???

Minnie said...

Dear Robin,
After meeting you and your sweet hubby in marburger, I had to come back to your blog and re-read your posts. I adore your sweet spirit and am in awe of your creativity. Please always keep pressing forward to create a more beautiful world. Looking forward to your next book!
All my heart,
Minnie