-->

4/29/2010

Hi everyone,
Today's blog is not about a pretty lace dress or a cool antique chandelier, it's about something more important; our souls. There's a fine line between being soulful and loving/wanting the beautiful (material) things in this life. It can be done, but there's definitely an art to staying real and grounded in a world of so many choices. It's like being in a giant candy store all the time while keeping a perspective of what is real. I love "beautiful" things as much as the next guy, so these reminders are important and helpful to me.
Please allow me to share with you a profoundly, beautiful movie, "The Shift" by Dr. Wayne Dyer. I know many of you follow the teachings of Dr. Dyer already and know how powerful his message is. He has changed my life, as did this amazing movie. I hope all of you will watch it. I've included a clip from the movie that I found on youtube - enjoy. It is inspiring beyond words!
Wayne talks about our purpose. "what is our purpose? It will always be found in service. If you can, just for one day, put your attention on making life better for someone else- if you can focus on thinking like that, that is how God thinks."
"To touch someone's life is more valuable than any amount of money."
"How may I serve?"
"Even after all this time, the Sun never says to Earth, "you owe me."
- Hafiz
Love to all of you,
-Pearl
"Thank you Wayne Dyer for your wisdom."
"Your beauty is familiar, your voice is like a key - it opens up my soul and torches up a fire inside of me. Your coat is made of magic and around your table angels play."
- The Waterboys
"A mind at peace, a mind centered and not focused on harming others, is stronger than any physical force in the universe."
- Wayne Dyer

11 comments:

GardenDesigner said...

Thats was wonderful... and inspiring!!!
Sometimes we just get so busy with our lives ,...that we forget to actually Live in them!!
I have not heard of Him, but will look into anything you think is worth the time!!

I have had some soul searching lately myself in regards to allowing my self to accept being "Different"...or even being called an artist... I have been blogging about it and that seems to help me...and even doing that ...just takes the risk of letting people see the
creativity thats just pours out inside me!! WHEW!!!

Thanks for always sharing from the soul...

Happy Spring!! we still had 1/2 inch of frost last night but I Love the look on the branches in the woods!!!
Smile!!
~Vanessa rhinestoneContessa.com

amy reidling said...

Pearl, I think you are a kindred spirit... I too am a huge fan of Dr. Dyer... but I have yet to watch the film... I am putting it on my list now! I would like to have your email address.. I have had thought that I would like to discuss with you... could you please email your address to me? mine is jreidling@alwaysamyonline.com... Thank you Pearl... your beauty inspires me! Amy

Anonymous said...

Robin,
I LOVE Wayne Dyer and have wanted to purchase his new movie ------ Now I will! Great post. Thank you for the
always "life changing" blog. I hope to meet you in person someday. I want to meet Wayne Dyer too. When he was in Austin, did you go see him??
Love and blessings to you dear Robin,
Angela Dillan

Anonymous said...

Dear Robin, I was blessed to have met Wayne Dryer, in the late 70's already his voice was powerful, his message so true, his wisdom so deep... he too changed my life, I had the tapes then and played them over and over, until they became a part of me, my voice, my message, my purpose.. so I thank-you for reminding me once again of this wonderful man, and his words...how blessed we are to cross paths with such teachers.. Love Linda

Anonymous said...

ummmm

Shelley said...

To feel good, to do good, to give back good...all leads to being good. I believe that is what is expected of us and keeps us whole.

shelley@decoragain.blogspot.com said...

Wayne Dyer leads where wonderers follow.

Anonymous said...

Robin,
You are beautiful! That's all!!
XOXOXOXOX,
C.J.

Counting Your Blessings said...

Giving, serving, and being content where we are - such important things for our own joy and peace. I don't agree with all of Dr. Dyer's views but I do agree that putting others before ourselves is far more beautiful and fulfilling than owning material things or being important.

I read this earlier this morning... "Whoever loves money never has money enough; whoever loves wealth is never satisfied with his income. This too is meaningless. As goods increase, so do those who consume them. And what benefit are they to the owner except to feast his eyes on them? The sleep of a laborer is sweet, whether he eats little or much, but the abundance of a rich man permits him no sleep. I have seen a grievous evil under the sun: wealth hoarded to the harm of its owner, or wealth lost through some misfortune, so that when he has a son there is nothing left for him. Naked a man comes from his mother's womb, and as he comes, so he departs. He takes nothing from his labor that he can carry in his hand. This too is a grievous evil: As a man comes, so he departs, and what does he gain, since he toils for the wind? All his days he eats in darkness, with great frustration, affliction and anger. Then I realized that it is good and proper for a man to eat and drink, and to find satisfaction in his toilsome labor under the sun during the few days of life God has given him—for this is his lot. Moreover, when God gives any man wealth and possessions, and enables him to enjoy them, to accept his lot and be happy in his work—this is a gift of God. He seldom reflects on the days of his life, because God keeps him occupied with gladness of heart." (Ecclesiastes 5)

Thanks for sharing, Robin. Hope you and John have a beautiful Monday. Blessings... polly

Elizabeth Maxson said...

Robin,

I have never written you but have admired your perseverance in what you do. Wayne Dyer is someone, I think, who is put here to give us cause to reflect on our purpose. His wisdom is nothing short of divine. Thank you for making me aware of this movie - I had no idea.

Have a great week - I fully believe that if we can make someone else's struggle less, then we have done well.

Take care
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Love, Wayne Dyer, have followed him for years. Have recently found Sonia Choquette....amazing. This has carried me to a whole other level.
Robin, you have boldly gone where YOU dare to go and I thank you for your example. Blessings to you for sharing who you are.