-->

2/02/2010

magnolia pearl kitchen bandera tx fashion clothing
Hi everyone,
I wanted to share this gorgeous gospel song from Patty Griffin, "House of Gold". No matter what your religious views (they might be from a mountaintop...), there's no denying that this is a beautiful song and Patty sings like she is one of God's angels. She sang happy birthday to me once and it was the "sweetest" gift! (Patty you are blessing to this world and my life, for sure -- Thank you.) Her newest C.D. is "Downtown Church" --- I purchased it on itunes.
We are working on lots of new designs and should have photos posted soon - I promise.
Love to all of you,
- Pearl.
"The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely, or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quiet, alone with the heavens, nature, and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be and that God wishes to see people happy, amidst the simple beauty of nature."
- Anne Frank
" Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children."
- Kahill Gibran

17 comments:

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Robin, so beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Sandra Darling ~ Visual Art Creations said...

the pearls of wisdom that is magnolia pearl. beautiful song and wise and perfect words, thankyou so much.

Sandra Darling xoxo.

Deborah said...

Very nice, try thanking the Goddess also.

Deborah

Gypsy Fish said...

Such a beautiful song Pearl...tender and true!
{{gypsy hugs}}
Beth

glimpse of my world said...

As always you inspire me!! Smiles from Valarie in Mckinney!! Did a shout out on my blog today on you... Hope you didnt mind!

Primitiques 'n Poetry said...

I love me some Patty. Might need to grab that cd, huh? Good stuff. ~Mindy

Anonymous said...

Wow,
That Patty is unbelievable! Thanks for sharing that beautiful song.
Gotta have that c.d.!!!
You are awesome Robin!!
I'm coming to the show this spring.
XOXOXOXOX,
C.J.

Tammy said...

Ah, one of my favorite singers and one of my favorite poets! How lovely to see them both on one of my favorite blogs!

Carousel Dreams said...

Exquisitely beautiful, Robin...I discovered Patty Griffin through your blog a while back, and I absolutely adore her...what a sad, beautiful song. By the way, I love your blog, it inspires me and soothes me when I visit x

Anonymous said...

Robin, Patty is on PBS this week in concert, 3 girls and their buddy.
Emmylou, Shawn Colvin and Patty G. Premier of Soundstage.
I am a big fan Shawn Colvin.
Thanks for sharing all your pretties.

Patti, in AZ

GardenDesigner said...

thanks for sharing this wonderful woman!! I agree with Carousel Dreams ... when ever I am on your blog I just feel the Love of the Lord Jesus coming out of it!
Thanks for sharing your faith with us!

xoxo
Vanessa

CarLe Etc. said...

Hello Pretty Lady...what a beautiful and soulful song! How wonderful to have had Patty Griffin sing "happy birthday" to you...Robin you are truly blessed. I must get that cd, thank you so much for sharing it.
We didn't get to travel to Texas this year...but hoping to get to come to the big Round Top show...miss you all.
Blessings
xxxooo
Carolyn

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Beautiful words, photo and music first thing this Wednesday morning ~ thank you, Robin!
Absolutely love Patty Griffin, how blessed she sang happy birthday to you! I'm off to iTunes to get that new music, thanks for letting us know and all the inspiration you share. Happy day!
xo~Tracie

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

That Gilbran quote is genius, as is that window! Hope you are well. Fairing here in the snow. The green leaves in your photo are scrumptious. Thanks for sharing the love. Blessings from Amy

oldflowers4me said...

how i love that girl..ive seen her 3 times when she was down under- in ( australia)

Anonymous said...

so beautiful.
thank you for being you.
what a blessing to the.
affectionately,
julie tarleton

Ch√Ętelaine - The Garden Fairy said...

I came by "accidentally" while googling my time away. What a world to explore ! Your dresses and textile-art pieces are a dream !
I am textile and fiber-nuts myself and I stand with awe and look at this compiled beauty! Now to find "sources" in Germany - that will be the hard part, I fear.... kind regards, Martina